Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Gall Bladder Surgery

On March 10th I had to go in for emergency Gall Bladder Removal. As always my bestie, Paige was there for me and documented the whole thing. As most of you know, when I am nervous I crack jokes and laugh and just try and make the best of the situation. This was no exception. Paige was very patient with me and my worries and was there the following week after the surgery, helping me with the boys and getting them to school and feeding us all.
I tried to get the doctor, who is amazing, to take pictures of the surgery, but for sanitary reasons the camera was not allowed. I am so fascinated by that stuff and really wanted to see it for myself. Oh well.... The man in the picture was giving me those oh so wonderful, fuzzy head drugs. Man they hit you quick. My nurse Mary was funny and helped ease my anxiety. She also brought me the chocolate muffin and sprite. Yummy. I hadn't eaten in 2 days.
Thank you again Paige for being there for me. To all of the rest of my friends and family, I thank you for your worries and concerns and well wishes. I am back to 100% and am very grateful to still have a job and no more excruciating pain.











No comments: