Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Christmas 2009

For christmas in 2009, Mom and I started off the day the way we usually do. Toddies:)
Then she stuffed the bird and we putzied around the kitchen like we always do together. It is one of my favorite things about the holidays. Mom and I get along so well in the kitchen and we have fun. Nothing beats mommy's Christmas dinner. I cook things the same way she does, but it is always better when she does it or we do it together.





































My favorite thing before christmas is watching the boys decorate the tree with the folks. My mother and father have the most beautiful house and to be all decorated with christmas lights and decorations is breathtaking. Papa always puts lights up and decorates the outside. He has always said if every house puts up at least one strand of lights the world would be beautiful. I agree. His job is also putting the lights on the trees. Yes, Trees. Mom has a small one with a different theme each year in the little living room and the huge kid decorated one in the family room. I love it that the boys get so into it. Helping nana put the star on the top was big for both of them this year because they could both reach it with a little help from a ladder and nana. My pictures are not in any specific order. Dean came and played Wii with us. That has become a fun aspect of going to visit nana and papa because he makes time for the kids and we all enjoy it. Not just at christmas. There are a few pics of the boys playing with their mother load of toys and new things. Every Christmas Eve since I can remember, mom always reads Twas the Night Before Christmas. She has read it to me for 36 years and carries on the tradition with my boys. She has it memorized and I could listen to her voice say it for hours. That is one tradition I will carry on with my grand children.

Christmas morning was like the toy store had been dropped in the living room. Games for Wii and DS, board games, clothes, legos, rip sticks, helmets, elbow and knee pads. I love watching the expressions on their faces.
















































Relaxation before the chaos. So cute my boys are.
































































JJ was talking to much and Papa always threatens to tape his mouth shut. SO Here you go. Duct Tape for everything :)










































































































No comments: