Saturday, January 17, 2009

Weightloss Competition

So, I just wanted to let everyone who reads this to know what I am up to. I have joined a competition with some of my friends. We each contribute $40 at the begining and by april 6th whomever looses the most percentage of body fat wins all of the money that everyone pitched in. This is a lot of incentive for me. You all know how I procrastinate and put off exercising. We started on January 9th. I have cut out all of my salt, fat and oils. I eat 6 times a day and have eaten so many vegetables that I feel like a garden. That being said, I am so excited. I am finally READY to start living my life like I should. I am going to loose this weight that keeps me from playing with my kids. I will never forget the day that Cody said to me " Momma, get out of the bouncy house. It might pop." He had no idea how much that hurt. I didn't get angry, I got out and wandered out to cry and wallow in self pity for a while. Damn! I want to bounce in the bouncy house and I want to go on the amusement rides when I take my kids to disneyland in a couple of years. I want to live long enough to "Be a burden to my kids" as my mother so lovingly puts it. Mom, if you and dad can quit smoking, I CAN LOSE THIS WEIGHT!
So everyone wish me well and keep me in your prayers. Just know that I am exercising everyday whether it is playing sports on the Wii, walking on the treadmill or going for a walk on my lunch break.
Here is the most embarassing part. My starting weight. I am listing it so that I will be held accountable for loosing it. It is the heaviest that I have been and vow to never be like this again. I want to buy pretty clothes and feel like a woman again. Well, here goes. 328.6. Please don't gasp just keep me in your prayers.

2 comments:

Patrick and Paige said...

I LOVE YOU!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I know you can. I am behind you and here for you. Keep up the good work. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!

Unknown said...

You can do it Cori!!! I know you can!!! (wow, that's pretty much what Paige just said! :) haha) If there is anything I can do to help motivate you let me know. Congratulations on your great attitude and determination!! Love you and Good Luck!