Monday, April 6, 2009

Competition

So.....I have lost a total of 38 pounds since January 12th 2009. That is 11.58% of my body weight. I think that is a pretty good number in that amount of time. As you all know I have been in a competition with 11 other people. We all put in $40. At the end of the competition, which is today, the person who looses the most amount of body weight wins all of the money. That is $440, minus the $40 that the person put in. MY WINNINGS ARE $400. YEP!!!! I WON! I am very proud of myself. I went from a size 50 DD bra to a size 46 C. I went from a size 32 pant to a size 24. They are a little tight but I can zip them up without laying on the bed. I know I am not finished with this road that I am on. I still have another 100 pounds to loose and I give myself ONE YEAR! My goal weight is 180 pounds. I hope I can do it in less time than that. We are going to Disneyland when I loose 100 pounds, so needless to say the kids are rooting me on. I have found that I am very aware of what I am putting in my mouth. The guilt alone will keep me going. With my prize money I went out and bought the Wii Fit. I felt that I deserved something for myself and that way when I can't make it to the gym I can still exercise.
Thank you everyone for your support. My parents have been amazing when I go home to visit. Dad always has a salad made and they try to hide all of the treats that I know are in the house. Out of site, out of mind. It does work. I have learned that I am a strong person and can do whatever I set my mind on doing. I will keep everyone updated on my journey once a month or so. I will post pictures when I am a little more comfortable with myself. I have beginning pictures and will post those with some at a later date. Keep your thoughts and prayers with me. God knows that I need them.

1 comment:

Patrick and Paige said...

YAY!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!! I can't wait to go to DISNEYLAND together. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! You are my other half (besides husband, of course) I would not be where I am without you by my side. You are my lovey and always will be!